Saturday, November 29, 2008

Smoreables


I found these recently and decided to try them out for my cheesecake. My 4 year old sampled a couple of the cookies and said they were good. He is so use to gluten free foods (even though he can eat anything but dairy) that he really does not notice the difference. It is just another food to him. These are about half the size of traditional graham crackers. The smore in the picture is made with one cracker split in two. We have not used them for smores. I will have to get another box some day to try them that way.
The box has a recipe for cheesecake on it. I used their recipe for the crust. At first it seemed odd. Normally when making a graham cracker crust the mixture isn't very wet. Just enough to stick together. Theirs on the other hand, was very wet. It was like taking cookie dough and pressing it into the bottom and sides of the pan (though it didn't stick to your hands because of all the margarine). However, it made for a very nice finished product. I will be looking for these again when I make cheesecake.

No comments: