Saturday, November 29, 2008

Soy Whipped topping

Since Thanksgiving and the holidays bring pies and desserts that would be great with whipped topping, I went on a hunt. I searched the Internet and found this. I found it at one of my local whole foods type store. The packaging does say that it may contain trace amounts of milk. They still claim it is Vegan and Dairy Free on the front of the container. We choose to try it, even though trace amounts of dairy matter greatly to our oldest son. Turns out he didn't want to eat it. He was not in a mood to have something new. However, I tried it and feel that it is a great substitute for whipped cream. It is not unlike the dairy free stuff I use to be able to find in the grocery stores. To me it is a bit like fat free cool whip (maybe a little less sweet). My husband says it tastes like soy. I taste the sweet and the vanilla first and then the soy. Bottom line I highly recommend you try it and see for yourself.

No comments: