Monday, September 7, 2009

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devils Food Mix

Betty crocker chocolate cake mix

We already tried the brownie mix by Betty Crocker, now we have also tried their Devil’s Food Cake mix. It was really good. I made cupcakes and they came out nice and moist. The texture is nice as well. In fact I think your friends will not know this is a gluten free cake, unless you tell them. For years I have been making birthday cakes for my son from scratch. I can honestly say that all our family and friends have been good enough to give my gluten free cakes a try. Unless they were just being kind, they have enjoyed the cakes I have made. However, they often required separating eggs and whipping them up into a foam and melting chocolate. With this cake mix it is just like making any other cake. Just add in a few ingredients and mix it all together and bake it. Simple. I am looking forward to trying some of their other mixes.

We have tried many other brands of cake mixes and I have to say that they have all been pretty good. What make Betty Crocker different is that I don’t have to go to a specialty store to find it. I have found some of Betty Crocker’s gluten free mixes at my major supermarkets and even at our Super Walmart. The fact that I can get it when I do my regular shopping is FANTASTIC!

IMG_2789

I cut one of our cupcakes in half so that you could see what it looks like.

enjoy!

1 comment:

Anjeanette said...

I have tried one of their other cake mixes. When it gets a little cooler, I am going to try a cake mix with pumpkin to make cookies. I love using cake mixes for other things like that. I only wonder how this will work with pumpkin....I'll let you know;)