Monday, January 19, 2009

Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies..GF/DF


I have some cookie dough that I made and froze. When ever I make gluten/dairy free cookies, I never bake the whole batch. They are best when they are fresh. The batter does well in the freezer. I defrosted the container and make a sheet of cookies. This recipe is my own version made gluten free from a cookie recipe I loosely followed. I think the original cookie was suppose to have 3 different kinds of chips. It was from a gifts in a jar cook book. Since I was making a dozen of them at the time I wanted to cut costs down and only use chocolate chips. So what I did was add coco powder and made them into chocolate chocolate chip cookies. So really I use the recipe to give me measurements. I tend to do this a lot. See a recipe and change something if I don't have everything it calls for. The only thing is that rice flour tends to be grainy. These are made with a mix of 3 different flours but I think I will start playing around and see if I can improve the texture. Though I think I need to do more research into what a good sub for rice flour would be. Grainy texture aside these are really tasty. I can eat wheat but my son can't and I would happily eat these for a cookie fix.
At the moment, I am moving some of my food post from my personal blog to this one. So I will come back and add the recipe later. What that means is that I need to make these cookies again so I can tell you the amounts of everything I used. ;) For this batch I winged it...

No comments: