Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Milk Substitute


Many of the recipes I use call for milk powder. I use Better than Milk Rice milk powder. I have also used the soy version but since my younger son seems to be sensitive to it, I switched to rice.
If you have a hard time finding a milk substitute powder for recipes you can always use soy infant formula. When I first started out with this diet I couldn't find a powdered rice or soy milk. Yet many of the recipes I wanted to make out of my gluten free cook books called for it. The Author actually talked about using infant formula as an alternative. For a while I actually liked the thought of formula because it has lots of vitamins and nutrients that are good for you. However, formula is expensive and I eventually found this. When I run out of the rice milk my son drinks I will use this till I can buy more. So there are other reasons it is nice to have around.

No comments: